Kitchen tips will be update from day to day. Tips are categorized into subject areas, so that you can choose the ones you’d like for your specific projects. :)
- You can tell if a cake or loaf is done if you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- You can tell if muffins are done by lightly pressing them. If they spring back, they’re done.
- Bake a certain recipe often? Double the batch, allow to cool completely, place in airtight containers and freeze.
- Butter makes the best homemade piecrust, but shortening crusts can save you money.
- When making piecrust, don’t overwork the dough and keep your water and butter very cold to prevent the butter from melting.
- To make sure your butter is very cold while making piecrust, chop it into small pieces and place in the freezer for about an hour.
- To keep your water cold while making piecrust, simply keep a glass of ice water close and measure out the water as you need it.
- While rolling pie dough, be generous with the flour on your rolling pin, rolling surface and on your dough. It will make it easier to work with.
- If you don’t have quite enough crust to top all your pies, there’s nothing to worry about. Make a design or roll out the crust as far as it goes. It will still look wonderful and taste delicious.
This page will be update every day. Come back again tomorrow for new tips.